1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Eligibility: The BFGoodrich Mint 400 Scavenger Hunt Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents currently residing in any of the fifty (50) United States, or the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, stepparents, stepchildren and stepsiblings) of BFGoodrich (“Sponsor”), SapientNitro (“Administrator”), and any of their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; and (b) release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injuries, or damages, arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 03/09/16 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on 03/12/16 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. How To Enter: There are two (3) possible methods of entry into this Sweepstakes, as detailed below. There is a limit of one (1) entry, per method, per person, per day, throughout the Sweepstakes Period. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as 12:00 am ET – 11:59 pm ET. All entries must be in compliance with these official rules, including, without limitation, the submission requirements (“Submission Requirements”) detailed below.
*All Entries: Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Message and data rates may apply. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of delivery or entry during an applicable Entry Period. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or social media account. Incomplete entries, entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, or entries that do not fully comply with these official rules, including without limitation, the Submission Requirements, or which subvert the entry process, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will not be eligible. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. The computer clock of the administrator is the official timekeeping device. Each entrant is solely responsible for any and all uses of his/her registered social media accounts. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the relevant entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the applicable social media account used to enter. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the allowable amount of Entries, by using multiple/different e-mail addresses and/or social media accounts, identities, or any other online methods, may void all of such participant’s Entries, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
5. Submission Requirements:
Entries must, in Sponsor’s sole discretion:
Be written in English;
Entries must NOT, in Sponsor’s sole discretion:
* IMPORTANT NOTE: Any participant who incorporates any intellectual property owned by a third party into his/her Entry, does so at their own risk. Further, no participant will be eligible to receive a prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that such entrant’s Entry has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes. Entries that do not comply with the Submission Requirements will not be accepted and at all times will be subject to rejection and/or disqualification at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Prize Drawing: On or about ten (10) business days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period, there will be one (1) random prize drawing (the “Prize Drawing”), performed from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period, in order to select one (1) potential prize winner (once confirmed, as detailed below, the “Prize Winner”). The odds of being selected as the potential Prize Winner depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period.
7. Prize/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be awarded herein. The Prize winner, once confirmed as detailed below, will receive a Prize package for the Prize winner. The Prize package will include: (a) one (1) certificate to redeem a new set of five (5) BFGoodrich brand passenger or light truck tires, including the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 or BFGoodrich COMP-2 A/S tires; (b) one (1) Axial Racing SCX10 Remote-Controlled 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Edition 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD; (c) one (1) BFGoodrich Tires T-shirt (d) BFGoodrich Tires Hat. The ARV of the Prize is two-thousand dollars ($2,000).
8. General Prize Conditions: The Sponsor does not offer and will not allow any prize substitutions, except at its sole discretion, and only then for a prize of equal or greater value. Income taxes on the Prize awarded are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. The actual cash value of the Prize awarded to the winner will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service on IRS Form 1099-MISC. Award of the Prize is contingent upon the Prize winner’s agreement and acknowledgment in writing, signed by such winner, on forms of agreement provided by Sponsor. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the Prize. The Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive. If, for any unforeseen reason, any portion of the Prize cannot be awarded, such portion(s) of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Prize winner other than to supply the other elements of the Prize package, with no additional consideration being awarded.
9. Prize Winner Notification/Verification: On or about one (1) business day after the Prize Drawing, Administrator will make up to two (2) attempts within two (2) business days to contact the potential Prize winner: (a) if they entered via Facebook, via a comment to their comment, or via direct message, providing an email address for further correspondence; or (b) if they entered via Twitter or Instagram, via a direct message from @BFGoodrichTires to the potential Prize winner’s Twitter or Instagram Account used to enter the Sweepstakes (note: in order to receive such direct message, you must (a) be following @BFGoodrichTires and (b) may have to have your account settings set to “unprotected” or “public”), providing an email address for future correspondence. The Potential Prize winner will have two (2) business days from the first notification attempt to send an email to the address provided, or else such potential Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Prize winner will be notified. Once the potential Prize winner responds to such notification to the email address provided, Administrator will respond to such potential Prize winner and will provide the potential Prize winner with an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability and publicity release (“Release”) and a W-9 form. Prize winner will be sent a 1099 form at the end of the tax year for the actual value of the Prize. All taxes on the Prize are Prize winners sole obligation. Potential Prize winner will then have another two (2) business days from the time of this second correspondence to execute, have notarized and return to Administrator the Release and W-9 form. If the potential Prize winner fails to do so, the potential Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Prize winner will be selected from among the remaining Entries. Administrator will reach out to three (3) such alternate potential Prize winners, after which, the Prize may go unawarded. Noncompliance, failure to respond within the time specified, failure to respond to notification attempt(s), or return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate potential Prize winner will be selected. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
10. General Terms/Limitation on Liability: By entering or being selected as the potential Prize winner, all entrants and the potential/confirmed Prize winner hereby consent to the use by the Sweepstakes Entities of their Entry and all information contained therein including but not limited to, name, likeness, opinions, images, statements, and/or other indicia of persona, and personally identifiable information (collectively “Likeness”), for any and all uses and purposes in any media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world (including the World Wide Web and on-air) without additional consideration (where legal), consent or prior review, and upon request will provide written consent to such use. Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ENTRANTS OR WINNERS THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) MAY RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or other services, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including any social media site or application, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer/device related to or resulting from participation. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prize winner. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted as Sponsor sees fit, and the Prize will be awarded via random drawing from among all eligible Entries received up until the time of termination, or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities, Twitter, Inc. and Facebook, Inc., (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and hereby release the Sweepstakes Entities, Twitter, Inc. and Facebook, Inc. from, any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use/misuse or inability to use a Prize (or any portion thereof), and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to a prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. The Sweepstakes Entities, Twitter, Inc. and Facebook, Inc. shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sweepstakes Entities, Twitter Inc. or Facebook, Inc.; or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities, Twitter, Inc. and/or Facebook, Inc. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. In the event that any provision of these official rules shall be deemed illegal, such provision shall be removed and replaced with a legal provision that most closely matches the intent of such removed provision, and the remainder of these official rules shall remain in full force and effect. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
11. Request for the Names of Winners: For the name of the Prize winner, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received by 05/01/16, to BFGoodrich Sweepstakes, c/o Sapient Nitro, 40 Fulton Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10038.
12. Administrator: SapientNitro, 40 Fulton Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10038
13. Sponsor: Michelin North America Inc., One Parkway South, Greenville, SC 29615.